Maria has been a qualified employment solicitor since 2001, predominantly advising and acting on behalf of employers, but also employees. During this time, she has developed a wealth of expertise in all areas of employment law.
Maria supports clients across a wide range of employment issues, including:
• TUPE transfers arising out of both business transfers and service provision changes;
• Redundancy issues, including those arising out of company insolvency;
• Settlement Agreements;
• Complex discrimination cases (particularly in the fields of disability, sex and race discrimination);
• Advocacy at various hearings, including case management discussions and final hearings, in Employment Tribunal cases;
• High Court employment matters, including those involving breach of post termination of employment restrictions and/or confidentiality.
In addition, Maria is a member of the firm’s business protection team providing advice to businesses on data theft, unlawful competition, and misuse and infringement of IP. She is also a member of the CIPD Beds Group Committee and a voluntary member of the Badminton England Disciplinary Committee.
Maria leads the firm’s specialist advice services for GDPR, and provides data audits, training and data protection/privacy information to companies.
Maria is also a member of the Law Society and the Employment Lawyers Association, and speaks fluent Italian.
“Maria was a shining example of how a solicitor should act; she was incredibly helpful from the get-go, very supportive and understood all of the issues I was experiencing and advised me with the best intentions throughout. I 100% know that the next time I require a solicitor, thanks to Maria, I will always use Woodfines, moving forwards.”< Back