Maria has been a qualified employment solicitor since 2001, predominantly advising and acting on behalf of employers, but also employees. During this time, she has developed a wealth of expertise in all areas of employment law.
Maria supports clients across a wide range of employment issues, including:
• TUPE transfers arising out of both business transfers and service provision changes;
• Redundancy issues, including those arising out of company insolvency;
• Settlement Agreements;
• Complex discrimination cases (particularly in the fields of disability, sex and race discrimination);
• Advocacy at various hearings, including case management discussions and final hearings, in Employment Tribunal cases;
• High Court employment matters, including those involving breach of post termination of employment restrictions and/or confidentiality.
In addition, Maria is a member of the firm’s business protection team providing advice to businesses on data theft, unlawful competition, and misuse and infringement of IP. She is also a member of the CIPD Beds Group Committee and a voluntary member of the Badminton England Disciplinary Committee.
Maria heads up the firm’s Company Commercial department, and also leads the firm’s specialist advice services for GDPR, and provides data audits, training and data protection/privacy information to companies.
Maria is a member of the Law Society and the Employment Lawyers Association, and speaks fluent Italian.
“Maria was a shining example of how a solicitor should act; she was incredibly helpful from the get-go, very supportive and understood all of the issues I was experiencing and advised me with the best intentions throughout. I 100% know that the next time I require a solicitor, thanks to Maria, I will always use Woodfines, moving forwards.”< Back