Whether you are storing, copying or transferring personal data, or are faced with requests for confidential information, Woodfines’ Company and Commercial law experts will help you comply with the complex legislation on Data Protection and Freedom of Information.
The regulatory and reputational consequences of non-compliance with these provisions are greater than ever, as are the risks of fraudulent misuse of data. Given that the Information Commissioner’s Office has also increased its focus on Data Protection and Freedom of Information enforcement, it is of critical importance that businesses take steps to comply.
We can provide pragmatic, tailored advice to help ensure that you hold, protect and use information only in accordance with applicable information laws.
Examples of our services include:
- Advice on data security, data breach notification and reputation management
- Advising on cross-border data flows
- Advising on EU & cookie legislation
- Data subject access requests and internal data protection policies
- Digital marketing advice
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests
- Sale and purchase of customer databases.
For further information, please contact a member of our Company Commercial team.