Like any aspect of commercial law, e-commerce involves a wide range of legal disciplines as another medium for doing business. It does however create new possibilities for working relationships and conducting business.
We have advised a broad range of organisations on the many aspects of e-commerce and Internet law, from major corporations to rapid-growth start ups; from web designers to Internet trade associations; from Internet service providers to providers of high-level Internet support software.
We are able to provide advice on the following:
- Website Terms
- E-Commerce Terms
- E-Security Issues
- Privacy Policies
- Online Defamation
- Joint Venture and Other Partnering Arrangement
- Brand and Image Protection
- Branding Strategies
- Copyright Infringement
- Database Protection
- Software Copyright Infringement
- Trade Mark Registration and Trade Mark Protection and Infringement
- Confidential Information and Trade Secret Theft
- Domain Name Disputes and Domain Name Recovery
- Employment and Internet Usage Policies — preparing the policy and training staff regarding monitoring and enforcement
- Internet-Related Disciplinary Issues.
For help with these areas of IT law, please contact a member of our Company Commercial team.