By Deed Poll, you can officially change any part of your name, or even your entire name. The name change process can be carried out as and when you please on the condition that it is not done with fraudulent or deceitful motives.

A Change of Name Deed is the evidence you will need to produce in order to change a name on official documents and records. We can prepare a Change of Name Deed for any person over the age of 18. If you wish to change your child’s name, then you will require the consent of the other parent.

We can provide this service for a fixed fee of £150 + vat (£180). If you would like us to assist with this matter, please provide the following information together with a cheque in the sum of £180 payable to Woodfines, or telephone us if you would prefer to make a card payment.

In order for us to verify who you are, there are some ID documents which we will need to see. Please click here to find out what documents are required.

Please download the Change of Name form here.

Please send completed forms by post to either our Milton Keynes or Bedford offices.

Contact Us

If you have any questions, please contact our Family Law team.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.