Commercial and Insolvency Litigation Solicitor – Cambridge
2-5 years PQE
We are a progressive, growing firm, well-established in the ‘Oxford-Cambridge arc’, offering flexible working in modern, spacious offices. This role is based in our Cambridge office within walking distance of the station and parking is provided.
As a firm, we pride ourselves on our friendly, approachable nature, to staff and clients, offer competitive salaries, and genuine progression opportunities. Our staff are given autonomy in a firm that focuses on the delivery of practical solutions.
Woodfines is a full-service legal firm, with over 140 staff and very high staff retention. As well as our well-established reputation in Commercial and Private Client Law, we specialise nationally in Road Transport and Logistics Law and, more locally to our rural clients, Agricultural Law.
Job description and required skills
An exciting opportunity to join our Dispute Resolution Team in Cambridge which continues to expand its commercial litigation and contentious insolvency practice.
We are looking for a Solicitor with experience in:
- Commercial Litigation: Managing Fast Track and Multi Track Commercial Disputes.
- Contentious Insolvency: Acting for office holders (e.g. misfeasance and antecedent transaction claims, applications for orders for sale and possession and applications for oral examination of officers) and advising directors pre and post-insolvency process.
- We are looking for a driven, dynamic team player who is interested in contentious insolvency.
- We are looking for someone who ideally, has local professional contacts or contacts in insolvency and someone who is willing to work with the Partners in the team to continue to raise Woodfines’ profile for Commercial and Contentious Insolvency Litigation.
- We are looking for someone who is client focused and driven to meet our expected KPIs in a supportive team.
For an initial discussion in confidence please contact Maria Koureas Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or to apply, please send a CV and covering letter detailing your experience to Karen Jobbling at email@example.com.