We have an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Officer to join our firm. Reporting to the Management Committee and Senior Management Team, you will have day to day responsibility for all compliance matters. You will need to be able to travel to all our three offices as required.
As a firm, we pride ourselves on our friendly, approachable attitude to both staff and clients and offer competitive salaries, flexible working and genuine progression opportunities. We are looking for someone committed to the vision that we share for delivering an excellent service to our clients whilst progressing employees’ personal development in a supportive environment.
Ensure the firm is compliant with all regulatory requirements by:
- Managing all aspects of firm compliance (SRA, Lexcel, GDPR, Health & Safety, Anti Money Laundering)
- Review and draft policies against relevant regulation
- Design and perform regular monitoring and auditing
- Provide audit reports
- Report on compliance and quality matters, risks, make and implement appropriate recommendations
- Provide advice, training and support to the firm on all compliance matters
- Assisting in claims and complaints handling, maintaining registers complete third party due diligence checks
- Undertake regulatory risk assessments
Experience and Personal Skills
- Sound knowledge and experience in Compliance within a regulated sector, ideally legal
- Ideally undertaken a COLP role before
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Outgoing and proactive individual
- Calm under pressure
Salary is commensurate with experience, and we offer additional staff benefits including pension, income protection scheme, group life cover, cash plan and 34 days holiday.
To apply for this role, please follow this link: