We are looking to hire a Compliance and Operations Manager, who can provide support and procedural management across the firm at all levels.
Woodfines is a progressive, growing firm, well-established in the ‘Oxford-Cambridge arc’, and offering flexible working in modern, spacious offices. We have offices in Milton Keynes, within walking distance of the shopping centre, theatre district and the train station; Cambridge, within walking distance of the train station; and Bedford, within walking distance of the shops, train and bus stations.
As a firm, we pride ourselves on our friendly, approachable nature, to both staff and clients, and we offer competitive salaries and genuine progression opportunities. Our staff are given autonomy in an organisation that focuses on the delivery of practical solutions.
Woodfines is a full-service legal firm, with over 140 staff and high staff retention. As well as our well-established reputation in Commercial and Private Client Law, we specialise nationally in Road Transport and Logistics Law and, more locally to our rural clients, Agricultural Law.
About the Role
The role of Compliance / Operations Manager will provide support and assistance to the Partners and Senior Management Team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drafting developing and implementing firm-wide compliance policies and procedures.
- Managing all aspects of firm compliance (including SRA, Lexcel, GDPR and Health & Safety).
- Providing risk and compliance training.
- Responding to compliance queries and providing advice.
- Assisting in claims and complaints handling, maintaining registers, and providing advice on mitigating associated risks.
- Managing the risk registers.
- Project to include preparation for Lexcel audit, which is a re-accreditation audit.
- Oversee the facilities department to include management of: Archiving / storage, office facilities, office / desk moves, office painting & decorating, etc.
- Office contracts, including outsourcing, printers / scanning, etc.
- Project management, including: moving to paperless working, office refurbishment (open plan) for Bedford and Cambridge, reducing cost of storage, etc.
- Manage the IT contract with IT outsourcer.
- Work with IT outsourcer on managing a replacement equipment programme after initial purchase of new IT, as part of the project.
- Manage the mobile phone contract.
- Manage the telephone contract with telephony outsourcer and leased lines.
- Manage implementation of telephone and IT upgrades.
- Provide IT training as part of IT upgrade.
- Implement new mobile phone policy, including purchase of phones.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Sound knowledge and experience of working in Compliance within a regulated sector, ideally legal.
- Project Management experience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Able to work under pressure to set deadlines.
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent