We are a progressive, growing firm, well-established in the ‘Oxford-Cambridge arc’, offering flexible working in modern, spacious offices. This role is based in our Bedford office within walking distance of the high street and the train and bus stations.
As a firm, we pride ourselves on our friendly, approachable nature, to both staff and clients, offer competitive salaries, and genuine progression opportunities. Our staff are given autonomy in a firm that focuses on the delivery of practical solutions.
Woodfines is a full-service legal firm, with over 140 staff and very high staff retention. As well as our well-established reputation in Commercial and Private Client law, we specialise nationally in Road Transport and Logistics law and, more locally to our rural clients, Agricultural law.
Job description and required skills
An opportunity has arisen within our Accounts department for a Legal Accounts Assistant, and both full-time and part-time requests will be considered.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Proven ability to use own initiative and a proactive attitude
- Willingness to work well as part of a busy team
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules is desirable.
- Experience within legal accounts is desirable
- Able to work to deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Must have a pro-active “can do” and collaborative approach with ”value added” attitude
- Good at problem solving and able to demonstrate sound judgement
- Knowledge of Excel
- Updating and monitoring the online banking system.
- Recording of bank payments and receipts
- Data entry
- Bank Reconciliations
- Dealing with Accounts queries from staff & clients
- Purchase Ledger entry, reconciliations & payments
- External payments and reconciliations including correct VAT treatment
- Updating daily cash flow reporting
- Reconciling and posting petty cash
- To assist fee earners by ensuring the Firm complies with the Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Adhering to all Lexcel accreditation best practices
Salary is commensurate with experience and we offer additional staff benefits including pension, income protection scheme, group life cover, cash plan and 34 days holiday.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter detailing your experience to Karen Jobbling at firstname.lastname@example.org