An opportunity has arisen within our Litigation department in Bedford for a Legal Secretary. This is a busy role working for 2 solicitors.
We are a progressive, growing firm, well-established in the ‘Oxford-Cambridge arc’, offering flexible working in modern, spacious offices. This role is based in our Bedford office within walking distance of the high street and the train and bus stations.
As a firm, we pride ourselves on our friendly, approachable nature, to both staff and clients, offer competitive salaries, and genuine progression opportunities. Our staff are given autonomy in a firm that focuses on the delivery of practical solutions.
Woodfines is a full-service legal firm, with over 140 staff and very high staff retention. As well as our well-established reputation in Commercial and Private Client law, we specialise nationally in Road Transport and Logistics law and, more locally to our rural clients, Agricultural law.
- Clear demonstrable experience as a legal secretary, ideally within Litigation
- Excellent IT skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Previous experience of using a case management system would be desirable
- Proven ability to use own initiative and work well under pressure
- A positive, proactive, can-do approach
- Willingness to work well as part of a busy team
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Carrying out a secretarial role to support fee earners in the Litigation team.
- Assisting with a broad variety of administrative tasks
- Having direct client contact, via telephone, email and face to face
- Ensuring departmental systems and firm-wide procedures are followed.
Salary is commensurate with experience and we offer additional staff benefits including pension, income protection scheme, group life cover, cash plan and up to 34 days annual leave.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Karen Jobbling, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org